Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Belated Wrap-up Post

I suppose I should have been productive and written this at some point during my flight home from the DR, but between delays, 39 straight hours awake with a few intermittent naps and my sister's softball games the rest of the weekend, it just never really happened. There's not much to report--I finished my final interviews, packed up things a the Gower's and with some lovely stamped pictures from the boys departed from my second family.

Since I've been back, I haven't done much with my research--that's what my class next semester is for! I do need to look into securing my data so that if my computer crashes I wouldn't lose all of my transcribed data. (The notebook and recorder are safely stored away in my closet.) Other than setting up meetings with IRB people once I get back to Duke, there's not a whole lot left to do until I start actually processing the data.

In the meantime, I'm working at HSM, writing secondary/supplemental applications for medical school and am getting ready to go on vacation. In an unintended but pleasant side effect, many of my experiences in the DR are making good topics for medical schools essays!

No comments:

Post a Comment